Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Hoop Art

Hi Everyone
I've a new little project to share today. It's a pack of three tiny embroidery hoops (2.5cm across) which turn into jewellery. I need to find a design, some backing fabric plus threads and I can make either a necklace or mini broach. I'm thinking one necklace and two broaches at the moment ? - that may change !
Here's a quick peak at the kit :

                   
The kit contains 3 wooden hoops with the backing pieces, chains for the necklaces and mini broach findings.This is a very small embroidery job and will be a joy to make. I want to spend today looking for inspiration for the embroidery bits. I think! I will shortlist 5 ideas, then will sleep on it before making my final decisions. I haven't decided on colours yet - I can feel another shortlist coming on !
I like the idea of a necklace but also think the broach idea will be great for a denim jacket and a second pin for one of my yarn project bags. I'm already thinking about other little wooden shapes which could also have the embroidery treatment and turn into necklaces or pins/broaches.

I'll report my progress in a few days.
Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment