Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 21 August 2017

The Grand Return

Hi Everyone
We are back from the 'not so Grand Tour'. Lots of things going on in our world has rather limited the 'Grand Tour' experience for this year !! We settled for a short Glamping experience quite close to home. The whole week turned out very well. Our weather was great and we enjoyed a combination of walking, reading, eating and snooping in Antique/junk ships as well as knitting. Generally, I feel quite relaxed and inspired !

I also managed to finish my Spotty Socks (started before our break) and just have a few ends to sew in. Here's a quick look :

                             
The finished socks are very pretty, I love the spots. I also like the heel stitch pattern, this very simple knit 1, slip 1 pattern results in quite a solid heel section which feels very nice when worn. I adapted the pattern with a picot cast on and enlarged the instep width, I often have problem getting socks to fit because of the instep being too narrow. Other than that, I followed the pattern and love the result.

I did swop between DPNs and circular needles for the first sock but decided the DPNs suited the job for the second sock. I will block the socks later and they should be ready to wear. I've enjoyed knitting these socks and will forever associate them with sitting outside in the sunshine enjoying beautiful views of the North Northumberland hills.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment