Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 23 October 2017

A week of dolls

Hi Everyone
In theory, it’s a week of holidays for me. Not sure how the week will work out ? but I’m hoping to indulge myself in ‘dolls’. I’m abandoning my usual regime for blog themes and concentrating on creating a new inspirational piece of work. I’d like to develop a multimedia painting as well as develop one of my art dolls. I probably won’t finish either but it’s a start. I also have other stuff to get done (work and house commitments will continue) and I’ll keep my crochet/knitting projects going. Generally, I’m planning a nice time.
Here’s a look at my inspirational piece :

                     

This part of a large piece that I painted quite a few years ago. My main aim for the new work is to develop a painting of a folk art doll. I like the wings idea in the image above and will go for similar colouring, I think ?. It’s only my starting point, so anything could happen ! I also want to develop some ideas for a workshop (in a few weeks) for a wooden/knitting project - more about that nearer the time. I have some ideas for using polymer clay wings and possibly a crown ? 
Generally, I’m hoping to have a lovely time, messing about with paper, paint and clay. Wish me luck. 
Hopefully, I’ll have something to share tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment