Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Snowman Developments

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing the developments of the crochet Snowman gift bag story from yesterday (read back for details of the project). I've made two sets of eyes, nose and buttons. The red/white version also has a mouth.

                           

The features for the Snowmen have been mounded from polymer clay. Each little button has some form of hole to sew the features in place onto the crochet bag and I've tried to make the features proportional to the size of the Snowmen. 
As described yesterday, there are two crochet Snowmen bags, a red/white version and a green version - the yarn used for each bag is a slightly different weight and the green bag is smaller because the yarn is finer. I've used a 4.5mm hook for both versions.I'm hoping the features will instantly turn the little crochet bags into Snowman characters.
I'm also planning to add a draw string closure at the top of each bag and the 'extras' elements in my photo will thread onto the string - I may need to develop more extras ? I'm thinking, I will go further and make some candy canes or other festive items ? I'm happy to go with the basic elements at the moment, until all the buttons are in place. This will give me a good idea of what else needs to happen.

Keep watching over the next few days to see how the Snowmen grow.

Thanks for calling in.



No comments:

Post a Comment