Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Planning and Preparation

Hi Everyone
It’s my focus on sewing today (in theory every Tuesday) and I’m inspired to develop some sewn appliqué Christmas Card samples. This project will prepare and test a few samples for a small batch of Christmas cards. I like the idea of a simple decorated tree but have also seen some cute Robins which I may try out. 
Take a look at my Christmas card Pinterest board HERE for more inspiration ideas and starting point for the cards. Here’s a couple of my favourite images at the moment. I may change my mind later !

                         

I like the ideas of coming up with something similar to the right hand image but with a Christmas theme rather than flowers. I’m unsure about wether to stitch directly onto card of make a motif to stick onto a card ? I’ll try both and decide. I’m also slightly ‘up in the air’ about colours  ? Should I go for traditional or contemporary ? So many decisions !

I’m hoping I can be a little more organised this year re Christmas. I always have great intentions and lots of elaborate ideas which rarely fully materialise because of time. So, hopefully, I can be better prepared if I keep to my current plans, test them out properly and plan thoroughly. Is it possible ?

Thanks for calling in today.






No comments:

Post a Comment