Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Stitched Story continued.

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday, I gave an update on the process of the Stitched Story and it seems to be working well. 
I’m at the stage where I can think about and make individual embroidered ‘patches’ to add to my story. I’d started the latest patch, a dragonfly/butterfly- like shape. I’d already stamped the shape onto fabric and started to add stitches. Ive completed the outline and worked some more Chain Stitches and tiny Satin Stiches to the insect. I’ve also added a simple boarder to the patch, which is particularly pleasing to work. Generally, I like the patch but am wondering what I can add ? My process involves leaving the piece for at least a few hours and reviewing where a I need to go. If no inspiration comes, I will leave it and work the next ‘thing’. Although, I must say, this hasn’t happened yet !

       

If I get slightly anxious about what to do next, I simply refer to my list of things to think about. I’ve placed these things, ie ‘thinking prompts’ in a simple list for quick reference. This list is the one I developed at the beginning of the project and I’ll make another which looks pretty, but the initial list makes my point :

           

I’m not sure how long this specific stitched project will take ? - but I know I will keep going with Stitched Stories.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back with more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment