Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Stitch Story Week 2 .2

Hi Everyone
I’ve a quick look at the Stitched Story progress today. Read back the last two weeks for the background story. I’ve added a few extra patches to the main piece (bottom of photo story) and the whole patchwork is almost a complete oblong shape. I’ve a little piece to add to the top of this shape as well as connect the dragonfly. More work is required on the dragonfly too. I’m looking for a decorative stitch which could enhance the wings.

                

The image transfer of Miss Mitchell (centre stage in my photo story) has a fabric frame and I’ve worked some simple Running Stitch lines around the image, five stitches form the frame pattern. I especially like this stitch effect, inspired by Jessie Chorley, my inspiration for the whole project.

Yesterday, I talked about a second fabric printing technique which I’m including in my project. This technique involved using a Gelli Plate. I love this way of printing and could spend my days with a Gelli Plate. Check out this You Tube Video for a great insight into how Gelli Plates can be used for printing on fabric. I’m hoping I can produce some interesting fabric for my patches. 
Today, I’ll play around with colours and patterns. I need a couple of small patterned pieces of printed fabric to act as link patches. I’ve no idea what I’ll come up with  ? but I’m hoping inspiration will come to me at the right moment !  I’ll share my results and process (from today)  next time. 
Generally, I’m happy with how the project is going. I very much enjoy picking up these patches and working on them for 30mins or so. I find these little embroidery sessions give me a huge sense of ‘time out/well-being’. I can’t quite explain why this should be ? but I look forward to finding time for this little self indulgent activity.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment