Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 9 March 2018

Fibre Friday Update (9/3/18)

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a very short update today ! Sadly, other stuff has taken over my life and I’ve had less time for ‘yarny’ stuff this week. The thing that has probably taken up most of my knitting/spinning time has been my evangelical obsession with embroidery and in particular, the Stitch Story Project. Read back over this weeks blog posts for background on the Stitched Story.

However, before I get distracted with embroidery, I do have a couple of fibre stories to share. I’ve finished my From Scratch Socks and have detailed notes for the pattern. I’m hoping to type up the pattern over the next week. I also have three volunteers for test knitting, so that will push me to write up the pattern. I’m pleased with the socks. They fit me perfectly. I’ve not blocked them yet and I have few ends to weave in but I’m very close to being able to wear them. I’ve already got a new idea for my next pattern. I’m thinking of something a bit more ‘patterned’ but will keep the construction (up to the leg) as per the first design. I’ll keep you informed of how the project progresses.

                     


I’ve also got a new knit project on my needles, literally started last night after completing the From Scratch Socks. Only three rows of the cuff completed so far but lovely yarn and a Helen Stewart Sock Society 2018 pattern called Winter Rose. The yarn is Natural Born Dyers in the Seapinks colour. This yarn is a High Twist BFL/Nylon Sock. I didn’t link the colour with the name of the pattern until last night, so there wasn’t a conscious thought about pink. However, I love the shade and I think the colour will suit the pattern well. I will knit the socks concurrently with Magic loop on two circular needles. Somehow, knitting both socks at the same time is more satisfying to me.

My last photo story is something I mentioned yesterday. These little things (bottom left photo) are stitch markers (almost) they need clasps and they need to be cured (baked). I have made these little polymer charms for another job but will develop a couple into stitch markers. There is a possibility that the charms are not quite the right size for stitch markers ? I’ll make a few up and test them out. All the charms are based on little cakes and are quite cute.

I’m also well underway with my latest cardigan knit. Look back a couple of weeks for more details. This cardigan is the Carbeath by Kate Davies. I have completed the body section and one sleeve. Unfortunately, I had a complete conundrum about the length of the sleeve. I read all the notes and reviews on this project in Ravelry to check if anyone also had sleeve length issues. Not one mention. For some reason, I had decided my sleeve needed to be much longer than the pattern suggested. I ended up taking out about 7cms ! Hope I’ve done the right thing. I will get the second sleeve underway this weekend.

No spinning at all and no crochet. I must do something about this. Next week will see some developments!

Thanks for calling in today, have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment