Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 8 March 2018

La Patisserie Project

Hi Everyone 
I’m having a slightly different Thursday today. Usually, Thursdays are all about making things with Silver - Silver Day. However, I’m waiting for various materials to arrive and have decided to spend my day developing some little polymer clay cake charms. These charms are part of a bigger project called La Patisserie.  It’s an old project which has been revised and will form a practical workshop in the next few weeks. I do already have a range of little polymer cupcakes in various ‘flavours’ but I’d also like to develop more cakes and a wider variety of recognised cake types. In preparation, I’ve made a long list of samples for my experiments and I’m not sure how many I can develop at this stage or which ones will be successful. Each charm will have a ring which will allow the charm to be attached to something. I’ll take images as I work and share my results.

Here’s a quick look at the previous cup cakes which formed the basis of the project :

                     

For my new workshop the little charms will be attached to a silver bracelet rather than a necklace although it’s possible to use them for the same purpose. I’m also going to create a few more charms as part of my experiments, to use as stitch markers. Some knitting friends may receive a gift next week !

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment