Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Hoop Art -revisited

Hi Everyone 
The Hoop Art Project has another outing. It’s the finishing part !
This project has been underway for a couple of weeks and our Making Workshop (yesterday)concentrated on completing the stitching and finishing of the hoops. I intended to get photos of all the beautiful hoops but unfortunately failed on that one !  I’ll try harder next time. See the original Hoop Art Project introduction post here for background on this story. My own hoop has undergone only minor changes since I last shared the work. I’ve added a few simple pearl beads to one of the embroidered lines and white washed the hoop. 
 
                      

I have a specific location in my bedroom where a I want to display my hoop so wanted the embroidery to compliment the space. The room is very much a light, white space and the hoop is perfect for the job. Generally, I’m very pleased with how it’s turned out. I still have a few of the many thread ends to weave into the back of the work. The edge of the fabric (square shaped at the moment) will be trimmed to form a circular shape approximately 4/5cms larger than the hoop. I’ll create a running stitch around the fabric to allow the circular shape to be gathered, forming a neat and secure edge to the back of the hoop. I’ve also added a layer of padding behind the embroidery, this gives a pleasing domed shape to the front of the piece. 

I’ve really enjoyed this project and am looking forward to the finished Hoop finding its way to my bedroom where I can look at it everyday.
Hopefully, I can finish these little task later today and hang my hoop. 

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment