Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Stitch Story 3:3

Hi Everyone
My Stitched Story (read back a few weeks for the whole back story of the project) has been growing for quite a few weeks and I’m inspired to make more and more ‘patches’ each time I work on the Project. At the regular Making Workshop yesterday, The Maker Group inspired lots of new ideas. In particular, I have a need to develop lots of crochet lace embellishments. The Project involves using a small drawstring bag as the basis for Stitching the Story and Im running out of space to use all the patch ideas I have.

                 

I feel, I need to start making decisions about which ‘patches’ can stay in this particular Story. Hopefully, I can make some progress with that, today.

As part of the whole Stitched Story idea, there are a series of Making techniques which will form ‘the patches’. Makers can use any of the techniques to develop their own patches, no rules about what’s in or out. However, part of the plan is to provide the opportunity to ‘allow’ options. To make choices, the Makers need information about the skills involved in the techniques. It’s quite important to experiment and practice. The techniques I’ve identified are fabric image transfers, fabric stamping, Gelli Plate printing, felting and appliqué. In addition, we will play with ‘smocking (stitch)’ techniques, fabric covered buttons, ‘e chord’ development and possibly more ?

As I’ve mentioned, I’m hoping to make my final patch decisions for this particular Stitched Story today. I do know,  I will definitely be developing more Stories ! - so I’d don’t feel any patches will be wasted. 

Thanks for calling in today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment