Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Stitch Story Week 3:2

Hi Everyone 
As suggested yesterday, I’ve now produced a couple of stamped ‘patches’ for my Stitched Story Project. I wanted to test out a number of fabric stamps rather than standard ink stamps (normally used with paper and card). The results are very similar. I think, the only difference seems to be how easily the inked image took to the fabric. I feel the standard ink stamps soaked into the fabric and the fabric stamps formed a layer of ink on the surface. However, the difference is very small and if I wanted to use the stamped image as a simple stitch guide, I’m not sure there is any advantage to using the fabric stamps. Where there is a need for a permanent stamped image, I’m more convinced the fabric stamps would do a better long term job. Both types of stamp still need to be ‘heat set’ onto the fabric. I’ve done this by ironing the back of the fabric patches.
Read back yesterday for details of the story but I’ve made a couple of new patches with my ‘Miss Mitchell’ letters. I hope to develop one of them or even both ? Not sure how, exactly ? I will wait to be inspired when I consider the piece as a whole.

             

I like both fonts from the patch samples. Perhaps, I will embroid one sample and use the other a simple stamped patch (without any embroidery).

My next patch technique is appliqué. I’m thinking about either a butterfly, a bow or a flower at this stage. For the purposes of developing a tutorial, I’ll probably develop all three ideas and try them out for inclusion in my project.
Check back tomorrow for how the whole Stitched Story is developing and how I plan to start the appliqué element.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment