Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Stitched Story Week 4:2

Hi Everyone
Following on from yesterday’s clock pin idea, I’ve started to make the clock part. Not much progress to share because I’ve been busy doing family things all day. However, I’ve made a start and will work away with the embroidery part later. I also had a lovely little package arrive via the post yesterday, the long awaited ‘butterfly buttons’. The buttons are lovely and just what I was expecting, just the right size and a great range of suitable colours. They will make a great addition to my Stitched Story bag. I’ve spotted at least two buttons which will be perfect. There is a danger of over doing the buttons, I will need some self discipline !

                 

I’m probably going to spend the next few days working on the clock broach, I find making these sort of things really rewarding and could spend the rest of my days dabbling in this sort of thing. No particular end to anything ! However, from a practical perspective, I know, I need a plan. 
Part of my plan, is to use a red velvet ribbon for the top closure of the bag. I’ve deconstructed the bag (a little) and have plans for adding a coloured fabric lining as well as a frill around the outside of the drawstring pockets. 
I’m hoping all the elements of my Story are now together, ready for the final construction.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment