Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Hi Everyone
My recipe today is an old favourite. I'm calling it Ginger and Apple Layer Pudding but the boys may have different ideas ? I'm a bit behind on my recipe schedule, so we will eat the pudding this evening. As usual - I will post the results later.

                                 
                                 

The pudding is simply layers of different flavours and textures with a little 'bite' in the form of stem ginger, which gives the pudding a tiny bit of an after taste which I love. 
I used 2 cooking apples which have been cooked and sweetened with honey and about 8 ginger snaps (crushed in the processor) and a small tub of double cream (whipped). I diced 2 pieces of stem ginger, the sort that comes in a bottle in syrup. I then folded the diced ginger into the whipped cream. Now for the construction part, I simply layer the apple, cream mix and crushed biscuits. Any order will do. I divided all the different ingredients between the bowls in layers. In my case, for a serving of 3, I started with the apple then a thin layer of biscuit then the cream mixture and finally a topping of biscuit. For serving, I dusted icing sugar over the top - this gives the pudding a professional finish.
You could add nuts or chocolate or little bits of ginger on the top to change the appearance.

I'm a great fan of this kind of pudding, easy to make and not much washing up ! I'm already convinced it's worth going in the book. However, the boys need to give their views. I will post the results later. Don't forget to look in, this evening.

Thanks for reading.

RESULTS - name is Gunger and Apple Crunch. This pudding gets 13/15 and goes into the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment