Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 19 August 2016

Dye Job

Hi Everyone
Great news - I've booked to go to a workshop session next month - dying yarn. I'm super excited about this and have been researching various methods of yarn dying. It's only a month but I can't wait, so ........... I'd like to share a new project for me today ! I've collected some stuff, 4ply sock weight Merino yarn and some Kool-Aid in green and blue (a powder drink product). I'm going to dye some yarn.

                                    

I've got a clear idea of what I'd like to produce and hope to knit a pair of socks with the resulting dyed yarn. I'm going for blues and greens.
However, we are picking up the last stage of our annual Grand Tour in a few days and I'm going to leave my dye job until I come back. 

As usual, I will try and post a few photo stories while 'On Tour'  but again (as usual) the phone reception is always a challenge ..... will do my best.
Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment