We are back from our Grand Tour (2016). We had a great time and the weather was amazingly good. Unfortunately, I didn't manage any to post any photos online - as usual connections were unreliable ! I will share little snippets from the Tour over the next week or so.
We were very busy but I did manage to get a new pair of socks going. I've designed this pair of socks from scratch and have started the design a few times to get a good fit. Finally, I think I'm there with the size. The sock design is based on the same approach as my last pair but it's using a thicker wool and I've introduced a knit line, purl line pattern in the front panel (begining to show in the image below). This design has evolved but is the first knitting pattern I've created myself. All the specifications have changed (from my previous sock pattern) from the number of stitches used to the number of lines in each part of the sock. The new sock is using the hand painted wool I acquired earlier in the Summer (read back for details). Here is a quick look at the early stages of the sock.
Tomorrow, I'm going to paint my own (first) hank of yarn - to be used for my next pair of socks. I'm super excited about this little project. I will share every detail as I go.
Thanks for calling in.