Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 1 September 2016

Dolls and Dying Things

Hi Everybody
I've long been a fan of the dolls created by Julie Arkell. Paper mâché styled characters with quirky clothing and a little message embroidered somewhere on the costume. One of the first pieces I came across is the doll used by Loop (yarn shop) to market their shop. This little character is amazing and embodies everything I love about making stuff from recycled materials.

                                 
I'd like to try and made a version which will be a Miss Mitchell - my own favourite doll character. Miss Mitchell has a distinctive 'look' and I think she lends herself to the paper mâché doll. Here she is, for reference. I especially like the chunky feet from Julie Arkells dolls but Miss Mitchell has smaller, ballet slipper feet. I've been thinking about a little doll stand to compensate but it's a bit of a disappointment that the feet will not be 'chunky'. Maybe I can come up with something that can work ? I'll keep thinking.

                                
My other exciting news is my yarn dying project. I've got everything in place to get on with it today. Fingers crossed, I can get it right. I'll share what I create tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment