Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 12 August 2019

Big Plans

Hi Everyone 
I’m trying to get my house in order ! It’s a big idea and an ongoing dream. I have lots of old projects either unfinished or finished but not quite right. My plan is to work through everything and decide what needs doing. Where possible, I will repurpose (for myself) if this is not possible or desirable, I will recycle. This plan involves knitting, sewing, clothing and Making projects and anything else which does not earn a space in my house. It’s a lifelong thing. I regularly come around to this task. So, as ever, at the new beginning- I’m full of good intentions and relative enthusiasm. I’m a little way into the project this time, with some success to report, so I’m quite positive.
One of my handknitted cardigans seemed to be a significant example of a project which needed to be recycled. It’s a waterfall cardigan, knitted several years ago. The yarn is a 4ply Merino in a lovely shade of green. However, the garment was a poor fit and I never felt comfortable with the style. I often found myself looking at this garment feeling a need to do something with it. I think I’ve got a plan.

               

My idea is turn the cardigan into a Nua sweater. I’ll talk more about this in a few days. I’ve ripped out the cardigan - see image on the right. This was a considerable task and took quite some time. I want to pair the yarn with another - to give a DK weight. I’m not sure exactly which yarn ? I want to spend some time researching ideas. Hopefully, I can do that later today and firm up my plan.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment