Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Nightdress Progress

Hi Everyone 
My second nightdress is almost there ! However, I’ve slightly changed the design, from the plan I talked about earlier this week (read about it here). The nightdress is a very simple construction so the basic garment comes together very quickly. I use the same Butterick B5792 pattern for my nightdresses  and have completed all the French Seams as well as the hem. I like to slightly change each version. I did consider adding two ruffle frills to the bottom of the nightdress but have changed my mind and added just one. I decided, I like the length (just below the knee).  I’d also planned on a plain neckline and arm finish. I’m now thinking about a frill around the neck (with plain arms).
 I’d like a different style of frill for the neckline.Perhaps, slightly wider which lies on top of the neckline rather than standing up - as per my previous nightdress makes. Check out this neckline feature here.

                   

I’d also found some embroidered flower embellishments which I thought I may add to the neckline area ? I’m not sure about that idea, now ? Perhaps, the larger ruffle will be enough ? I’ll go ahead with the ruffle and see how it looks.
It has to be said, I particularly like this version of the nightdress and am also quite keen on the fabric. I’m thinking, I’d like a blouse from the same fabric. This fabric is also particularly good value, always an advantage. I need to go and check if it’s still available. 
Hopefully, I can finish my nightdress later today. I’ll share the results here, when it happens.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment