Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 15 August 2019

New Sewing Project

Hi Everyone 
I have a new sewing project in the planning stage. This idea has been inspired by an old skirt in my wardrobe. It’s something I’ve had for several years. The design is a very simple gathered skirt, just below my knee with a slightly dropped waistline. The waistband has a shirring section at the back (elasticized threads in parallel rows). The skirt is a lovely fit (for me), probably because of the elastic section. My plan is to replicate my old skirt and possibly add side pockets. I’m also going to line the skirt.
The fabric I’m using is from a monthly fabric subscription (Sew Hayley Jane). The fabric came with thread and a zip. I probably won’t use the zip but follow the shirring idea. I have separately acquired some fine cotton lining fabric in a coordinated purple shade. The patterned fabric has quite a blue/purple background with fuchsia pink flowers.

              

My first job is to draft a pattern- hopefully, I can get that done today. I’m hoping the skirt will come together very quickly when I have my pattern. There’s only a metre of fabric and a metre of lining but I’m hopeful I can make the idea work. Watch this space.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment