Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 16 August 2019

Sewing Project

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday’s blog introduced my latest sewing project. It was just an idea but I’ve moved things on and I have my pattern drafted and the fabric cut out. I based my skirt on a garment from my wardrobe and have produced a pattern which should give me a very similar skirt.

                  
The pattern is very simple, just three pieces. I have a front/back and two separate elements of a waistband. I have a slight adaptation for the the lining of the skirt. All the pattern pieces have used the measurements from my original skirt. I’ll construct the skirt as per the original. I was going to introduce some side pockets but I don’t have enough fabric. I may have a tiny option to use the lining fabric for one pocket but it will be tight.

Here’s a look at the original skirt for reference :

                     

I’m hoping the skirt will come together over the weekend.

I’m off on another Grand Tour over the next few weeks, so I’ll be absent from the blog. I’ll be back on September 2nd (seems like months away !)
Have a great couple of weeks.
Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment