Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Sock Update

Hi Everyone 
I have a quick update on my latest sock project- the Fisherman’s Wife Socks by Anna Bergman. If you are a regular reader, you will know I’ve had various issues with this sock pattern. It’s a lovely design and all the problems are down to my very tight knitting technique and nothing to do with Anna’s pattern.

              
However, I’ve managed to find a solution. My socks are lovely and I’m almost there. Read back here for the story behind my issues. The solution to my fitting problems has worked. I’ve added an extra fish to the leg of the sock to give a wider top to the sock. I’ve then, reduced the stitches of the gusset until I have the right width for the remaining part of the foot of my sock. It’s a good outcome.
I need to continue knitting for another 6 or 7 cms and then the contrast toe. However, it’s not exactly wool sock wearing weather at the moment but as the evenings begin to cool down (in a month or so) I’ll look forward to wearing my new socks.

The next thing is to find my next sock design. Watch this space.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment