Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 1 August 2019

Sports Bra Project

Hi Everyone 
I have a new project plan for today. I’m making a sports bra. This is a bit of an experiment for me. I do a regular bit of running and am always looking for sports bras which are comfortable and do a good job. They need to be quite a snug fit, so there will be a bit of a challenge when it comes to making this garment. 
I have identified a pattern, the Mighty Sports Bra from Evie de la Luve. Check out her shop  hereI have some of her other lingerie patterns and they are great so I’m quite confident the sports bra will be good too. However, I have to admit, I’m slightly intimidated by getting the right fit for the sports bra.


         

I have some great fabric, it’s a very strong and quite heavy Lycra. The colour is more of a Teal colour (apologies about the photo - a very different shade !) I need to find the right elastic and the appropriate notions but am keen to start. I’m treating the first version as an experiment, so will make a single colour bra. When I get to grips with the sizing, I’ll find additional colours to make more interesting versions of the bra.
I’m not sure which version of the pattern I’ll start with ? - probably the basic racer back version (top two drawings in the photo story). This is going to be  an interesting project and I’m quite excited to start.

I’ll report on progress as I make my sports bra. The first job today, is to get all the bits and pieces I need.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment