Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 August 2019

A new Nuuk.

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday, I mentioned a new plan for an old knitting project. I’d ripped out a cardigan and needed a second yarn (to hold together) to knit a much loved pattern, the Nuuk by Jonna Hietala. The yarn used for my old project was quite a fine Merino wool. 
I love the Nuuk sweater design. It’s such a good garment to wear. I can use the sweater in the Summer months because it’s a short sleeved item, it’s a very loose fit and cropped. It’s also great for layering in the Winter. It’s such a great pattern and comes together quite quickly. I would go as far as to say, it’s my favourite sweater design !
The bright green colour of my (ripped out) yarn is also something which is very appealing with this project. I mentioned yesterday, needing another yarn to create a DK weight ie holding two yarns together. After much research, I’ve found something - it’s a  Malabrigo Lace in the Lettuce colour. All in all, I’m looking forward to starting this one.

            
The Lettuce shade is interesting and I’m hoping the two green colours, held together will give the sweater a depth of colour which will be appealing.
The Nuuk in my photo story is the first version I made and exactly as per the pattern (just off the needles, pre finishing). I find the bottom rib as well as the rib on the sleeves is a bit too tight. My second version (not shown) uses a larger needles for the rib which is much better (to my taste). The blue version #1 is also a little too long, again in my second version #2 , I’ve adapted the length and it’s much better for me. I’ll make these adaptations for the green version #3.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment