Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 1 August 2019

Circular Needle Case

Hi Everyone 
This project has been sitting, waiting for construction for quite some time. I’ve half prepared the pieces and am eventually ready to complete ! The project is a circular needle case. Organising and storing my circular knitting needles is quite a challenge. I’ve had lots of bags and ideas for storing in the past. I don’t know if this new case idea will completely solve the problem, but I’m keen to give it a go.

I’ve taken inspiration from a really good tutorial from appledumplinggear (read about it here). I’ve adapted the sizes slightly and will play around with the number of pockets (which will hold an individual circular needle). I’m not certain how the final case will turn out but I’m keeping it simple. My only question is to decide how I will label each pocket. I feel the labelling is key to the case being truly useful. Most of my frustrations with storing and retrieving circular needles is to do with finding the size I need. 

                   
I have lots of fabric in my stash which will be great for my new case. In particular, I have some beautiful oilcloth which I’m looking forward to using. I think I will go for several cases rather than a huge individual case to house all my needles. I’m not entirely sure how many I have, but I’ve got quite a few - more than I’d like to have in one case. My plan is to divide sizes of needles into small, medium and large and change the size of case to accommodate each batch of needles.
I’m going to make a small size version first. I tend to use 2mm - 4mm needles most of all. I’m wondering about adding a layer of interfacing for each pocket and perhaps a padding layer for the outer case cover. I’ll just go with what feels right. When I have something to show, I’ll share here in the blog.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more stories about Making.


No comments:

Post a Comment