Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 3 July 2015

Recommend a Blog Day

Hi Everyone
My recommended blog for this week is Etsy Blog. I love Etsy generally (I have one of my shops with Etsy) - they are amazing in the breadth and quality of their resources.Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods. There are ideas and conversations published from many of the shops but also lots of DIY projects with advice and tips on making stuff. I've highlighted a particular DIY piece which caught my eye a few weeks ago. It's this item :

                    


I'm quite keen to try out Shibori - read all about it in the blog. The only thing that's stopping me trying out the dyeing technique is the mess it will make. Every time I see Shibori in action , it's either in a messy workshop or outside. However, the final pieces look amazing. I love blue and the patterns are so me. Most of my wardrobe looks like it's been dyed using this method. I'm convinced it's worth a try - I will just need to work around the mess and make some outside workspace.

Etsy has been featured in the UK press recently and is growing  in this country. There is a specific UK version of the blog which is interesting too. The Etsy website is huge, I get lost often and can't decide which bits are which ? It feels very much like an online magazine with lots of stuff to buy at the click of a button. The shops are organised into different categories which helps pin down what you are looking for. Many of the shops produce beautiful handmade items, unique and presented in original ways.

Get inspired and visit.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment