Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 17 July 2015

Recommend a Blog Day

Hi Everyone
It's Friday again and I'm recommending a website style blog today rather than a standard blog. The site is the Martha Stewart site. She has a blog attached with interesting pieces but the web page is full of amazing making projects. Many of the projects which I'm drawn to have short video links and Martha uses beautiful colours combinations and lovely simple techniques.
One of the projects which caught my eye a few days ago was a dye project. The dying featured is in my favourite blue colour and is vaguely in a Shibori related style. I'm obsessed at the moment with dying and Shibori. Check out more of my recent blogs on this subject, particularly Tuesday's and The Making Framework stuff. I also have a growing Pinterest Board just for Shibori. On Martha's  site a simple dye project shows how dip dying works check it out here

                       
This dip dying project is one of many ideas and I love the way Martha's  videos show the processes. Next to each project you are directed to more ideas linked closely to what you are watching. Many hours can be lost on this site.
The site features cooking recipes and home makes as well as craft. It's almost like a regular short TV programme which you can dip in and out of. I visit often and find myself inspired each time, hope you will be too.

Thanks for reading.
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment