Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Making Framework

Hi Everyone
This week is a holiday week for us (half term break at school) so not a usual round of activity for me. As a result, I'm going to post a few items which will keep you up to date with ongoing current projects.
Just a quick update from last time - no pictures for the Making workshop, my phone let me down ! or rather I need to organise my photo storage process properly but I will blame the phone ! I will get some good photos when we finish the bangle and box project in a few weeks time. Until then, here is a view of my workshop samples. I made a few extra items when I created the bangles. The boxes have their little felted mats, I like the mats and they provide a protective layer for storage :

                                 
                                 

I'd also like to share another example of my own personal Making Framework project. I've been trying to develop my knitting skills recently. Although, I learned to knit as quite a small child, I've always struggled to complete knitted projects which I'm happy with. However, I've joined a knitting group and am enjoying some level of success. My most recent completed project is a knitted and felted bag.

                                  

I love it ! -  the bag turned out great with no mistakes and a really lovely item to use. I will share the process in more detail next time. This project has been a reminder that making lots of different things and working with a wide variety of materials really does develop skills which transfer across crafts and without doubt, make self belief and confidence an important element of the process.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment