The theme of my whole week has been 'not enough time'. I've actually not given myself a timescale for the Faux Turquiose project so I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with under achieving ? However, each day I've felt that I wanted to have more progress to report. Having realised this, I'm not going to obsess about time and finished items; any progress is good and I want to enjoy the whole process.
On that note, I did make progress yesterday and modified an earring design that's been under development for a few days.
The photos shows two sets of earrings (top left), one with a textured surface and the other plain. I had made the textured version first but decided it would not work for the second phase of development. The plain surface has an extension to support some polymer clay extension which will be added today I've the second phase of the design. I had decided to solder the wire the other way around, ie with the balled part at the bottom. However, I reconsidered and thought the balled part would allow for a more secure purchase (at the join) for the clay if placed at the point of the join. The clay will be developed in a Faux Turquiose style. I'd like to get a seamless extension but we will see how things turn out.
The practice toggle (bottom right) was a trial for sizing the toggle. I won't use the solder on jump ring style for my toggle, I like the idea of making one piece and twisting the ring part from one piece. I also like the colour of copper but will go for silver in my final toggle clasp. The copper would not be suitable because it's going to be in contact with skin (on a bracelet) and will result in green stains on the wrist. Rose Gold would work beautifully - maybe one day !
I think, I will have another week with my project (I'm released from the time pressure issue) and will plan which elements I can produce next week.
Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.