Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 September 2017

Fibre Friday News

Hi Everyone
Can't quite believe it's Friday again ! This week has flown by. I'm back on schedule today with the usual Fibre Friday slot. I've got good and not so good news today. I was thinking of saying good news and bad news but I'm happy with the outcomes for both of my little featured items.

                        

If you called in yesterday, you will know I cast on for the Blacker Yarns KAL, the Holt Wristwarmers - photo top right. I really enjoyed spending a few hours knitting the cuffs of both Wristwarmers and started the cable part of the right one. I'm knitting the Wristwarmers as I knit a pair of socks, two at a time. Great news - the yarn is lovely and the pattern is very straightforward but mostly I love the colour - Balsam Bog (great name). I'm already dreaming  about wearing them.
The not so good news now - my Moussaillon Cardigan has been substantially ripped out. It was enormous. I knew something was not quite right, the start point was the left front and it almost wrapped around the whole of my back. So, deep breath and I ripped it all out to the point where I think the arm sleeve should start. The pattern advises trying on the cardigan for size, throughout, but it's difficult to get a sense of the fit without a reference for the sleeve and shoulder. I'm reasonably happy that I'm back on track with the size. I love the cardigan, even though it was huge, I did get the impression of how it will look when finished. Therefore, I'm thinking 'not so bad' news now. I know it will be a great addition to my wardrobe when finished.
Not sure I've done anything else on the fibre front ? No spinning to speak of and no crochet ! Must do better next week.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I'll be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment