Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 29 September 2017

Fibre Friday

Hi Everyone
It's Friday again ! - how did that happen ? I feel as of I've been super busy this week and it's flown by but not sure what I've done ? I do know,  I'm talking all about fibre today, no mention of the Trees Project until next week.
I've got good and bad news again on the fibre front  (I seem to say that often ! ). Nothing much to show for my efforts with fibre this week. No completely finished items as such, however, I have spent lots of time on the red Moussaillon Cardigan (to be referred to as M from this point)  and re knit most of it several times. I quite like the completed design ...... but its enormous, on me. I've already reduced the size considerably and although the front looks good - the back is twice as big as it needs to be. The only thing I could do is rip it out and redo the back for the third time. I think, I may have 'lost it' with the cardigan ? I've made the decision (several times) to rip it out and then thought better of it. I'm still a bit undecided. However, regardless of the final decision, I'm making plans for a new garment. I may re-use the yarn (Dovestone DK) if I rip out the M cardigan. 
Moving on - so far, I have a long list of 7 ideas for my new garment. See my list below with links :

These items are in no particular order, although, I'd like to knit them all at some point ! My main decision is where to start and should I rip out the M ? and use the yarn. It's lovely yarn and I want to make something I will love wearing.

While I ponder that one, I'm going to start the Azurite Mittens from Blacker Yarns , I've already completed my KAL effort (read back last Friday for details of the KAL). I completed the Holt Wrist Warmers (see last Friday for images). I already have the Blacker Yarn for the mittens so will join in and knit another KAL. Incidentally, the Bowmont Jumper  (from my list) also forms part of the KAL, so that would be good too. However, I'm not  sure if I want to commit to the Bowmont Jumper just yet ?, it's quite a challenging pattern.

No spinning to speak of - a tiny little rolag only ! I'm hoping for more next week. I'm excited to be going to a local spinning group on Monday - I've been meaning to join this group for a very long time so Monday's the day ! I'll report back next Friday, re my experience.

Almost forgot, on my needles at the moment is a second Bousta Beanie, and as its Shetland Wool Week this week (I would secretly like to be there !) I think it would be fitting to knit it. I enjoyed knitting the first version and am looking forward to this one. It's quite a quick knit so I should make progress this week.
             


Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment