Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Writing Day

Hi Everyone
The day has arrived - back to work day ! I've been leaving this day especially for planning my new 'term'. It's a while since I was at school myself but I do organise my working time around school term dates (one of my boys is still at school) and today is our first day back after the long Summer holidays. 
I usually find myself very unsettled on the first day back and it takes me a few days to get my mind into the right place. Hopefully my planning day will help to occupy my thoughts today.
I've drafted a new regime for my working week this new academic year with specific days for tackling different aspects of my work. Wednesday's have been designated writing day. The detail needs to be worked out but generally I will include articles, books, planning and project reviews in my day. I have lots of notebooks in my work life. I also use technology for recording stuff but my favourite planning tool is the notebooks. I tend to either decorate the covers or go for a pretty patterned paper. This decoration thing is part of what I do and I get huge pleasure from using my decorated items. My favourite is my current Project book, it's a larger, lined, soft backed notebook with lots of stuff stuck in. I find this book inspirational to work with, somehow my mind works well when I'm jotting down thoughts into this book. All the notebooks have a page reference section at the begining and all pages are numbered, I love to flick thorough my previous projects when trying to come up with new ones.
Here is a quick look at a very small sample of my notebooks :

                         

The notebook on the left (teal/gold) is the favourite I mentioned earlier. It's almost full and I will move onto the navy/pink version very soon. The third book on the right is my Knitting Journal.

My plan today is to get my stuff sorted (on paper) and be ready to start doing 'practical things' tomorrow - it's a slow start for me ! I need a coffee already - to help me start.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment