Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Sewing Day or is it ?

Hi Everyone
My blog today could be a little misleading ! - I'm sharing my sewing job for today but it's not the usual. I'm sewing in the ends of the Blacker Yarns/FineFettle Fibre KAL project. My pattern is the Holt Wristwarmers. I chose to knit in the round but the pattern also has an option for knitting flat. This is an amazingly quick knit. I don't consider myself a quick knitter but these Wristwarmers just flew off the needles. I started last Thursday and completed the second wristwarmer on Saturday evening. I have until the end of December to complete the KAL, so I'm amazed I've finished. I love the colour (Balsam Bog) and the feel of the yarn (Blacker Swan),the yarn is quite bulky but wonderfully soft. 

                          

I'll sew in the ends today and am already wondering what I should tackle next. I have another Blacker Swan yarn for a second pair of Holt Wristwarmers (in another colour) for a Christmas gift, so I may go for that ? However, I also have some Blacker yarn for a mitten pattern ? I'll make my decision for my Friday Fibre slot.
I really enjoyed knitting this pattern and have quite a large part of the second ball of yarn left. I'm thinking about knitting a Nuuk (check it out here).
I'll need more yarn but I think it's a possibility. Instead of finding a project to use up all my leftovers, I usually end up buying loads more yarn for a sweater !


Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment