Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Project Recipe

Hi Everyone
I'm working on a new format for writing up my Making projects at the moment. It's quite a challenge. I'm mostly persuaded that diagrams and pictures are the favoured approach. Written notes and instructions seem to be incredibly difficult to get right. What seems straightforward and clear, often creates all kinds of issues for the reader. I have six new projects which need to be published, so I'm trying out several approaches with a mixture of notes and diagrams with an emphasis on the pictures.
The first project is something that had its first outing yesterday in a Making Workshop. The project was a simple Flat Kumihimo Braid. 

                             

I produced some simple notes and some of the instructions seemed to work for most people but I noticed specific points where I need to improve. I specifically used all written instructions this time, to check how our Makers coped. I will try again with a mixture of diagrams and written instructions in a second draft with a new group of Makers.

I like the idea of presenting the projects as a series of Making Recipes, so will keep going with that concept. Hopefully, I can develop my little Making Recipe booklet with six different projects within the next few weeks - I need to create a few different styles of presentation, so lots to do !!

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment