Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 22 September 2017

Fibre Friday Update

Hi Everyone
Just a little news again today. I'm still going with the two knits from last week. Here's a quick look at my progress :

                           

The Moussaillon Cardigan is back on track and I'm now well into the back section. I think the fit is good ? I've tried on the garment several times and my only challenge is to ensure the width of the back is working. When I've finished the back, I simply need to repeat the other half and the cardigan is done. I do like the original design but need to rewrite the pattern for my particular version (read back last Friday for more on this pattern). I'm tempted to add a button band and a loose rib bottom to the design. I'm not sure if I will adapt this particular garment, I do like the simple garter stitch and the shape of this one but perhaps a second Moussaillon could happen with my additional modifications ?
My next item, the Holt Wristwarmers are finished (read back last week for more details on this knit).I've sewn in the ends and will block the Wristwarmers today. The colour is lovely and the fit is great. I enjoyed knitting these items very much and made light work of the job ! Unusual for me, I'm not a fast knitter but the pattern is great to use and the wool feels lovely and soft to knit. I have some more yarn for these Wristwarmers so will cast on the second pair soon.
The final box in my photo shows a new acquisition. This is a 100gms of Hayfiled Spirit in some lovely shades of pinks and orange. The yarn is a gift from my little, big boy and will turn into some walking socks for me. This gift was a lovely surprise and I will enjoy knitting the socks. I have a pattern, so I'm hoping to cast on this week. More news about the project next time.
That's it, again I failed to crochet or spin this week. Although, I did meet someone at my weekly Knit Group who helps run a spinning group locally. We had a lovely chat and I'm very keen to join the spinning group which hopefully will get me back into my spinning routines. The problem is 'time' and nothing to do with spinning. However, I do need to prioritise my time because I do love spinning and am missing it.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment