Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 4 September 2017

Mini Project

Hi Everyone
The big Summer break is almost over, only two days left ! However, I'm still determined to 'eek' out the holiday until the last possible minute. So, I've planned a very small project to make a few buttons today. I want to add a couple of buttons to a rather old, white cotton kimono style robe which I use as a dressing gown garment. I like to swan around in the morning wearing this robe and have never been keen on the original tie belt closure. Some time ago, I discarded the tie belt and adopted a safety pin closure - not a good look ! I add the pin on the inside - it's not visible but I know it's there and it's not a desirable or pleasurable thing to use. Everyday, I think, I will add a few buttons to the front and get rid of the safet pin and some rather unattractive belt loops (left over from the tie). I've not managed to tackle the job until now.

                      

Way back in May last year one of my Making sessions covered button making from polymer clay and Ive probably decided to go for one of the designs I used in the workshop (see bottom right images).im not sure which one ? I done have a white coloured button so will have to make new ones. I'm going for white to match the cotton of the robe (see bottom left image).

This project is a very small job but will make a big difference to the robe and my mornings (no more thinking about the job!). I also need to make some button holes on the robe with my sewing machine and will practice a few samples, I haven't made button holes for a long time and don't want to mess up !

As an extra self indulgence, I'm also thinking, I may develop several Everyday Bracelets (check out here) in polymer clay. I'll share my results over the next few days.


Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment