Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 January 2018

The Felt Pocket Project - results

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing some examples from The Felt Pocket Project Workshop which took place yesterday. All the Makers did an amazing job and started to create some lovely Pockets. This project requires a slow approach and each element needs to be adapted and specifically modified depending on the design chosen. Everyone made great colour choices and all have made good progress. I’m happy that the project - works in a supported Workshop. I need a further test on the kit form of the project before I can finally announce a complete success. In the meantime, here’s a few examples from the Workshop :

                  

                 

I think, it’s time to announce my next project. The Felt Pocket has been a great way to test out the process for me. I’ve managed to spend a number of days developing a single project and have found the organisation a positive way of working. Read back last Monday for the background to this story. The Felt Pocket has been written up and all is ready for the kit production. I’m hoping to make some kits available over the next few weeks. When I have something organised, I will announce the news here on the blog.
After trialling my first week, I’ve decided that I need to keep both Thursday and Friday to concentrate on talking about Silver work (my main concentration of work) and Fibre Friday, my ‘hobby’. Monday to Wednesday will concentrate on the ‘project of the moment’. I’ll test out this modified plan for a few weeks and hopefully all will be well.
So, my next project will be a jewellery item. A wooden, embroidered pendant with a ‘stylised threading’ option. You are probably wondering - what does that mean ? The answer must be - I’m not sure at this stage. I partly want to explore different ways of wearing the pendant. I may think of a chain but I’m more inclined to think about a cord of some description, something Makers can create. I also need a project name. I’ll work on some ideas and launch the new project on Monday. Tomorrow, will be a Silver Day.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment