Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Embroidered Pendant - construction (1)

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing the part (1) results of my Embroidered Pendant Project today ie the braided chain element. Read back yesterday for more detail on the project. After several attempts, I’ve decided to go with a very simple braid for the necklace. I wanted something which will compliment the embroidery element but not too dominant. I’ve developed a kumihimo braid using 4 strands of S-Lon cord. I used a single cord in a darker Blue colour and three cords in a brighter Teal. This cord is a 0.5mm 3ply nylon cord. I decided to make an 80 cm length of braid which includes enough (I hope)  to develop a short decorated and beaded end feature. I’m not totally sure of how the ends will turn out ? I’ll go with a development approach for the ends but I’m happy with how the braid is looking so far.

              

Using the Kumihimo disc for braiding this 4 strand cord is a little tricky because of potential ‘slack’ tension. I needed to re braid sections as I developed the cord. However, it’s working out ok and seems to be a good alternative for a chain. I’ll keep going with the cord and work on the ends later today. It’s the ends of the braid which will make or break the final cord.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment