Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 11 January 2018

Felt Pocket IV

Hi Everyone
The Felt Pocket has moved on ...... 

                    
We now have the actual Pocket pieces, arranged to show the final shape and colour combination (bottom right image). The blue section is the flap closure part. I’m planning to add a button. I do have a range of buttons available - but will decide when the decoration is complete. I’ve also got an option for a snap fastener, I can’t decide which to use yet.
The image on the bottom left is showing the inside front lining piece, this has been machine stitched and re-cut to match the second front layer. I needed to use this two colour arrangement because I simply ran out of the green felt. I quite like the effect.
I’m reasonably happy with the ‘case to be’ - the shape is good and I like the two colour combination. I have tried my reading specs in the case and they are OK but a snug fit, as a result - I’m going to lengthen the case by about 2cm. for the final pattern template.
I’ve started developing the first decoration option for the case.

                     

The little house decoration is underway. I’ve chosen bright colours in magenta and purple. I’d like to hand embroider each section of the house and add some small sections of padding to give a slight 3d effect. In addition, I’ll use beads to provide a little bling and detail to the house. 
I mentioned earlier in the week, my intention to add Blanket stitch to the entire edge of the Pocket. Hopefully, I will finish the prototype by the end of the afternoon. I’ll share the results over the next week or so. I also want to create another pocket using another decorative style. 

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment