Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Felt Pocket Extra

Hi Everyone
I’m almost there with both version of the Felt Pockets - read back a few posts to check out the detail of this project. Yesterday, I worked on the Fox version of The Pocket and completed the decoration (minus the eyes, ears, nose beads). I started the Blanket Stitch element and have a very small section to complete. I wanted to leave the final closure part to illustrate my way of finishing of the Blanket Stitch (for my Making Workshop today).

                            
I decided to keep the stitching simple, Running Stitch is used to attach each part of the Fox. I added a tiny bit of padding to the front (chest) and the tail of the Fox. I’m not sure it’s obvious from the photos but I do feel the padding effect is positive and gives a more attractive look and feel to the decoration.
As mentioned, I want to add some beads to the Fox but will finish the stitching elements of the Pocket before deciding on colours, shape and size of the beads.
I’ve written up the tutorial for this project to date but need to review my notes after the Workshop today. Often, I learn so much from my group Makers about what works and ways of describing little tasks as well as useful tips for tackling a project outside a group workshop situation.
I’ll have a comprehensive review with some more photos tomorrow and I think, that’s probably it for this one. I’m quite enthusiastic about how the project has gone so far. It’s a good project for kits. I’m quite keen to develop a small batch - these kits should be available in a month or so. I think, I’ll probably go for another couple of decoration designs  and will work out an attractive range of colour options with some pretty packaging.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment