Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 29 January 2018

Embroidered Pendant Project- continued

Hi Everyone 
I’m picking up my latest project again today and I’ve got a plan which is in two parts. I’ve decided to go ahead with making the necklace part of the project (first) using a couple of blue colours. The necklace element will be a simple four strand kumihimo braid. My idea here is to produce an interesting but quite fine braid. I’d like the braid to compliment rather than dominate the pendant. I see the embroidery being the focus of the piece. I’ve also chosen the colours of the second element ie the embroidery bit. As per my blog from last week, I’m using the fabric of one of my blouses to inspire the colour scheme. Here’s a quick look at the materials I’m using :

                    
Hopefully, I can start the braid later and test out the colours I’ve chosen. At the moment, I’m thinking about using three strands in the teal colour and one strand in the blue. I’m hoping this will give more of a subtle combination.
I’ve thought about the embroidered pattern on the blank too, there’s a very simple idea (for filling in the holes) in my head and sill go with that to start. My only concern is how neat and tidy I can make the different coloured threads, when changing colours. I’m sure I can find a way !

That’s about it for today. I’ll be back with some progress tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment