Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 25 January 2018

Silver Job

Hi Everyone
Today, I have a simple but experimental Silver job. I’m making a couple of rings. These rings have been prepared (a little) to the point of shaping. The
 
The left hand ring will be developed into a type of ‘spinner’ ring and the rings on the right, a ‘stacking’ - three part ring. The Stacking style ring will also get a few ‘Pebble gems’ from last weeks design work ideas. Read back last Thursday for more on the latest new design work.
The little pebble feature is running through the spinner ring, referenced by the thinner silver ball wire. Each of the stacking rings (right photo) will get a silver Art Clay pebble. This Pebble idea will feature in my new Collection, again discussed briefly in last weeks blog post.
Hopefully, I can finish these designs today and decide which pieces will follow. I think, at the moment, there will be earrings and a broach. I want to develop some small earrings, for an ‘everyday’ type of jewellery, I’m not sure exactly where I’ll go with this one ? but the Pebble theme will feature. I also need a broach for a hand knit cardigan. The broach needs to be very delicate and lightweight, I don’t want to damage my cardigan ! This is quite a challenge. At the moment, I’m thinking I need something similar to a ‘safety pin’ style. I think, I can come up with a design which incorporates the pebble characterist.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment