Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 January 2018

More Presents and other things

Hi Everyone
I’ve had trouble getting into my working routine this week. I know it’s only Tuesday but my working routine is suffering before I get going. Other things took over yesterday, family stuff and general shopping etc just got in my way ! However, the minor crisis is over and I’m hoping I can get back on track today. As a result, I did very little towards my new Felt Pocket Project. I had intended to draw up the pattern template and do a little more research re decorative ideas for the pocket. However, I did a little research and added a few inspiration images to a new Pinterest Board see the Board here . This exercise prompted an idea for my sample Pocket. My plan is to develop a layered Felt house. I will use a stamp to develop a template before cutting out and sewing Felt pieces combined with beads and possibly buttons. I will aim to complete my basic Felt Pocket ready for decorating before the end of the day. So fingers crossed, I can make this happen.
I’m also sharing another Christmas gift today. This time is a sewing kit and I’m very excited about this project. This gift came from my youngest son (via my own wish list).

                          

One of my aims for 2018 is to get my sewing back into my life. So, this gift is just right. All the bits are included in the kit and it’s a very simple pattern. I’m not sure when a I will start but I’m looking forward to making my first item for 2018. I want to include sewing as a regular Making activity in my life. I’ve an idea to create a ‘sewing queue’, as per my knitting queue. The knitting queue has definitely allowed me to have a planned approach to knitting projects so hopefully I can replicate this with sewing.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment