Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 January 2018

The Felt Pocket begins

Hi Everyone
The Felt Pocket Project is finally underway (read back to Monday for the beginning of this story). I’m still adding ideas from my Pinterest Board (check out yesterday’s blog for link) but my first sample of The Pocket will use a little house for decoration. The shape of the house will come from a printing stamp I have. I’ll adapt the image to produce a template for cutting out different coloured felt fabric which will be layered and sewn onto the front of The Pocket, as decoration. I’m also planning to add beads, buttons and possibly ribbon to the design. I’ll make decisions as I go.
So far, I’ve made a paper template and cut out some felt, in Teal and Green. I didn’t have quite enough of the Green Felt so I patched together one of the front sections, producing a two colour piece. I’ll use this piece on the inside. The final Pocket consists of four pieces, two pieces will layer to form the structure of the Pocket, the second layer will form the lining. The double layered construction adds more structure to The Pocket. The decoration will be worked on the front before sewing all four layers around all the edges, using Blanket stitch in a contrasting thread.

Here’s a quick view of my progress so far :

                          

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment