Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Advent Project Update

Hi Everyone 
The Advent Knit Project has hit the first issue !  (Read back yesterday for more on this Project).  I’d worked on each little yarn ball until last night and decided there was a problem with the knitted spine of the shawlette. Anyone who knows me, will not be surprised to hear it had to be ripped out !  I can’t cope with a ‘mistake’ in a knitting project ! So, it all came out. I’m almost back to where I should be, however, theres a new ball to add from yesterday ( I ran out of time). The ball is a new colour ! Today, there’s another new ball coming. I’m hoping I can catch up by the end of the day.

I also need to introduce my new Christmas Project bag. It’s just a simple, lined zip bag with some Christmas Tree fabric which has been in my stash for years. The lining is a bright red and white polka dot. I’m hoping, I can use this bag for each of my Christmas projects to come and each year I will bring out the bag - I will embed the bag into my Christmas traditions.

                    

Getting back to my knitting problem. For some reason, I’d completely messed up on the spine part of the shawlette. I’d double twisted the spine stitches. In the centre of the shawlette, there’s an increase either side of a knit stitch and I’d twisted the yarn either side of the knit stitch, twice. I had not realised I’d done this until way down the shawlette. The error looked dreadful and seemed to jump out at me, there was no solution other than rip out !

The whole point of this project was to spend an hour each day knitting on my shawlette, relaxing with a cup of coffee. Hopefully, I’m back on track !

I’ll be back tomorrow with more Making chat. Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment