Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 3 December 2018

Advent

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing my Me Made Advent Calendar. I wanted to join into the Advent Calendar thing and decided I needed to devise a project for myself rather than buying into a ready made thing, this year.
Last year, I bought a Toft Crochet Advent Calendar and it didn’t work out very well for me. The little windows box looked lovely and I was very excited about the mystery pattern, arriving every morning in my email box, throughout December. The idea was to open a window in the box and crochet a little section of a pattern. By the 24th of December, I would (in theory) have a completed crochet toy. I completely messed up and failed to complete. Much of the problem was to do with not seeing images of the completed toy, I had no idea what I was aiming for. I can crochet but my skills are not quite as good as they could be. I abandoned the project around Day 14 and undid all the parts. I have it in a project bag, waiting.  One day ....... !!
So, this year, I decided to go for a knitting project and didn’t want to spend lots of money on a shop bought Advent Calendar. I found a pattern (free on Loop) and used some yarn from my stash (I have lots of stash). I’ve divided a full 100gm skein and a couple of mini skeins into 24 little balls. There are 3 colours involved - mustard, grey and red (with sparkle). Most of the the little balls are around 7/8 gms. I’ve put each mini ball into a pretty paper bag with a red numbered spot for each day. Very exciting !

                      


I’m thrilled with my plan and so far I’m up to date with my knitting. I’ve chosen to knit something called Tiny Tassels and described as a shawlette. The pattern is a very simple two line pattern which grows every other row. The finished shawlette is decorated with lots of tiny little tassels. Lovely. 
I’ll be sharing my progress, regularly. Call in to check how things are progressing. I’ve already decided that I may not finish a whole mini ball each day and some days I’ll have more time so will aim to catch up when I can.

Thanks for calling in today.

                     


No comments:

Post a Comment