Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Making News

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a couple of projects to share today. The Knitting Advent Calendar is up to date, read back yesterday for more on this project. I spent time last night re doing my shawlette and I’m there !  Today’s bag has two little yarn balls, so hopefully I can get both knitted this evening. The shawlette is looking lovely with one of the contrast colours included. I spent some time (before I started the project) thinking about how I would attach each new ball of wool. Clearly, there will be 24 ends to deal with ! I decided to use this technique, sometimes called the Magic Knot. There will be some ends to weave in but it’s a good option for me and allows me to use every bit of yarn. Here’s a quick look at the shawlette to date :

                        

My second story for today is the development of a new pair of earrings. These earrings have been inspired by gift from a lovely friend. I’ve seen lots of earrings using this particular design but have not managed to develop one myself. However, I needed to make something specifically for a blue outfit, so the first design is blue.

                  
I’ve made earrings using the same shape before (right image) but have not used the specific hoop design. I like the look and will develop more colours and sizes, if they are successful.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment