Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 7 December 2018

Knitting and a new ring.

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my Advent Knit progress today - it’s day 7

                           

It’s another little ball of red today. I’m quite surprised ! I like my shawl so far and am enjoying this little project. I look forward to knitting up the little balls of wool each day.

My other little bit of Making news is a new ring design. I’ve had the design idea for a while and finally spent a short time, alongside Christmas gift work, working on my idea. Here’s a quick look :

                         

I’m happy with the general design, although, I can see ways of improving the stack of silver sticks. The soldering process for this design is a little tricky and I’m working on ways of allowing a more precise way of working. My next stack design will include round 2mm silver wire and hopefully five silver sticks. I wanted the finished ring to stay in place while wearing and have tried to balance the position of the silver sticks to accommodate this. There’s a potential for the ring to twist because of the extra weight involved in the silver stack. My design does aim to balance the weight. The only issue with this prototype is that it’s a little too big for me. I may have to let it go !

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back next week with more Making news and a progress report on the Advent Knit.
Have a great weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment