Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Organiser Bags

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a new little project to share today. It’s a new potential Making Workshop - organiser bag kit. This sample has been made by my talented husband (very new to sewing). It’s a beautifully made organiser bag with three little bucket style pockets. The pockets are enclosed in a second skin with two chunky handles. It’s absolutely amazing. The fabric is particularly luxurious and has been recycled from an old upholstery fabric pattern book.

                     
Each of the pockets is made up from several of the slightly different fabric patterns from the book. Each end of the bag also has two little side pockets. It’s a lovely thing to look at, in addition, Im hoping it will be just the thing I need for knitting two socks at a time and keeping my yarns separate. I’m planning to add a central pull yarn cake to the middle pocket and place each strand of the cake through the little handles. I’ll set up the bag and share a few images over the next few days.
As I mentioned above, I’m hoping to develop this project into a Making Workshop for the New Year. I’ll make a few more samples with one, two and three pockets. It’s important to check out the feasibility of hand stitching the project (we don’t have enough machines to run a class) so I’ve a little work to do.
However, I’m reasonably confident about this one. 
I love this little bag, I seem to pick it up several times a day (it’s taken up residence as an ornament) and smile. 

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment