Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 17 December 2018

Knitting Update

Hi Everyone 
It’s a few days since I gave an update on the Advent knitting project. I can’t quite believe it’s Day 17 ! I’ve been knitting the Tiny Tassels shawlette, a free pattern from Loop London see the pattern here. It’s a great, simple knit which is particularly suitable for the Advent knit idea. I’m up to 334stitches already. The aim (in the pattern) is 337, so I’m almost there. I’m not quite sure when to finish ? Today’s yarn is a grey colour. 
At the moment, I think, I’ll go for a slightly bigger shawl. The little Tassels feature (of the design) will need to be taken into account, so my decision is to start making the Tassels after today’s knitting. This will give me a chance to use all my yarn but also make sure I have lots of Tassels for my shawl. There are seven more little bags of yarn and I’m hoping I can have tassels in all the colours. I’ll share my thoughts in a few days, after making some Tassels. I’m really enjoying this little project and will definitely choose a similar idea next year.

                   
                        

My second current knitting project is the Red Robin Socks. This is a lovely pattern fromHelen Stewart and the last of the Curious Handmade Sock Society Knits. I’ve chosen to knit my version of the socks in grey and red colours. I’m using grey for the ribbed cuff and the rest of the sock will be red. The pattern is easy to remember and the resulting texture is very pretty. I’ll be taking my time knitting these socks, knitting a few rows each evening. I don’t have a finish date as such but I’m sure it will be a few weeks, so I’ll  be knitting over the Christmas break.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more Making chat.





No comments:

Post a Comment